Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Hello, Hello

Hello blog world. If you haven't already noticed, this is my pioneering post here on Blogspot (or any other blogging site for that matter). My name is Rachel, I'm from Michigan -- I'd like to say Detroit but lets face it, I'm from a medium sized suburban area, with 13 McDonald's placed a block apart, well-lit gas stations at nearly every corner and approximately 8 delightfully competitive drug stores within safe walking distance. What does this equal? -- Very little to get riled up about. Typically, I am in no immediate danger while lurking around my pleasant little neighborhood, unless that which is the chaos of my life sets in. Carrying on - I love writing, I am unemployeed, I have perpetual bad karma and have a laundry list of Phobias which vary in severity.

Cassandra suggested that because of the hectic life I live, it would be nice to share the spectical that is my life with those who read this blog. I accepted this invitation with open arms and am excited to share the what-have-you's of my existance. Sadly, I am not nearly as well versed as Ivan, Cassandra or Dan the Man when it comes to politics and the ways of the world. What I can say is that I don't agree with a lot of it, think things could be going much better, feel like maybe the world is playing a sick game that provides under qualified jerks with authority and furthermore allows these same idiots to occupy powerful hot seats for far to long, and last but not least - that if myself and a few of my brilliant friends (including those who contribute to this blog) were in charge - things would be fabulous! ((I'm kind of joking))

Something I am passionate about ---
www.savetheelephants.org/ or www.aspca.org/
(I watched the horrible Sarah Mclachlan animal cruelty video which just when I thought it could not get anymore depressing, the aired the Christmas version - http://searchbeta.playlist.com/tracks#sarah%20mclachlan/2

At any rate, what I will attempt to provide readers with is some comedic relief. I enjoy laughing at myself and typically try to look for the humor in everything.

And that sums up my introduction!






2 comments:

Ivan said...

welcome to our world...its good to have another writer...

btw...the Sarah video...the christmas one....was ruthless... I cried ... alot...

Cassandra said...

I love you, your varying phobias and your fabulousity!

 
blogarama - the blog directory Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory Get ready as we take off on the journey of a lifetime. Watch how we make everything fabulous. after all... we are all fabulous.
Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter
Social Media Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory