Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My day in NYC.













I ventured into the ever so fabulous city of New York yesterday and let me say, I had one of the most amazing days of my life. Originally the plan called for Carolina, Callie and I to travel into the city together but I went alone. Due to the fact that we are sort of procrastinators, and our Christmas shopping was yet to be complete, they stayed behind in Norwalk (CT) and I took the train into Grand Central Station to finish my shopping.

OK, so let me start from the beginning.

I came out of Grand Central and walked out into Madison Ave. and some numbered cross street, and my first thought was... oh... fuck... I am literally in a city of 8,274,527 people and I have no effin idea where I was or where I was going... So I just started walking... I walked for about 3 blocks and then decided to hail a taxi. I threw my arm in the air and immediately a cab pulled up...right off, I started to feel a lot better. I told my very handsome cab driver "Broadway and Canal" and off I went... 16 dollars and 50 cents later I was dropped off at what seemed to a different world. I was in Chinatown!

Let me just say I must have been Jewish in my past life. (sorry Dan) I am one of the cheapest people I know, and really had I bought a map of NYC, I could have saved a couple bucks and walked. I mean I have legs and they work... I should have walked.

Anyway, I was shocked, shocked at all the people, at all the stands and at all the stuff for sale, etc. My first thought was to jump up and down and scream, but I looked way too fabulous to be looking like some idiot jumping up and down. So I started to shop... I went from post to post and saw some of the most amazing scarves, hats and other nick knacks that are really useless. I refrained. I had one purpose, and that was to get the stuff on my list and get out. I needed to get a purse, some earrings and something for myself. (LOL). At first, these Africans started asking me..."what do you want, what can I can I get you, blah blah" I got scared and I just started to walk really fast like a little pussy. I mean really, they where just trying to offer me some Lois or Gucci...but I didn't feel like doing all that in the open... ( I read about all the busts and stuff)...
So I go into this little shop with somewhat cute purses, I was ready to walk out, when I remembered some advice I read. I got on my ce
ll phone and pretended to make a call, I talked about needing to find a coach or something more exclusive. Then I heard the magic words... "you want Louis, Fendi, Prada, Versace? I said, while looking around, yes, yes of course... she then made me follow her into a Chinese type of fast food joint, we went to the back room, up the stairs and to a huge room, filled with purses, sunglasses, jewelry... the most fabulous knock offs I've ever seen. I gasped and like a little girl, laughed and proudly pointed at the gorgeous Versace Cassie will soon be rocking...and my Versace, brand new glasses...that speaking off, someone was wearing on TV last night. lol... anyway, I gave her the money, after successfully lowering the asking price, and came out not the way I came in. Ahhhh... It's tough being fabulous.

After that, I walked and walked and walked all the way to Central Park, I passed by some of the most amazing window displays I've ever seen, by st
ores that only existed in magazines, the most beautiful people and the most life in one place I've seen in a while. I was home! And I realized something important... really important... I can make it alone. I've always been afraid of changes and being alone, being afraid to move on. This move can't happen soon enough. I am taking over this city. New York needs me, it needs us, We need New York to prove the world that we indeed are fucking Fabulous

So thank you New York, for making me realize that above all the pretty jewelry and fabulous clothes I saw, you gave me something more.

Oh and just to mention, I got asked for directions... someone, came up to me and asked ME for directions. I ♥ New York~

If I was not sure about moving to NYC... I am now.



 
blogarama - the blog directory Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory Get ready as we take off on the journey of a lifetime. Watch how we make everything fabulous. after all... we are all fabulous.
Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter
Social Media Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory