Thursday, December 18, 2008

Detroit Free Press

My home-town news publication The Detroit Free Press because of the imminent industry crisis, has had to cut its daily delivery service to Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. However, they are adding a daily web version, delivered conveniently to subscriber's e-mail, laid out in the traditional newsprint style.
Although I miss the idea of being able to read the paper every day at my mom's, I would rather see the freep (the paper, as it's affectionately known) survive financial crisis than ultimitely go bankrupt.

So I wrote a letter to the editor and they published it. Read the haterade on the freep website here.

As a recent college graduate trying to make sense of my crumbling home state, I applaud the Free Press' recent changes. I have no doubt, having now traveled the country reading far less intellectual and hard-hitting publications, that these changes will allow you to survive this turmoil.
I understand a measure of anger from older readers who have less access to computers. However, it has become plain in recent years that computer and digital technology are the way of the future. Just as my generation and children younger than I have to cope with a deteriorating world shaped largely by generations of political and economic decisions made before our birth, so too must the elder generations keep up with the emerging technological world.

Cassandra Bogue

Savannah, Ga.

No comments:

 
blogarama - the blog directory Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory Get ready as we take off on the journey of a lifetime. Watch how we make everything fabulous. after all... we are all fabulous.
Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter
Social Media Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory