Monday, December 8, 2008

Bro Time

Dear Bloggers,

In this horrible economy that grinds our gears day in and day out nowadays, how's a bro supposed to get ahead? Well if you know the answer comment on this post, because I've been searching for that my whole life. Please don't suggest selling drugs or prostitution, although they are time tested no work jobs, they really aren't my slices of pie, and I don't feel like spending anytime in jail.

Today was possibly a turning point for me. I came to a realization while I was serving a table of six typical southerners that I just don't care that their bun was touching a pickle and they specifically asked for no pickle. I don't care that they wanted mashed potatoes as a side order. I don't FUCKING care! Don't get me wrong, I know we all have bad days; I've had quite a few. Serving tables is not my passion by any means. Honestly, I know what I could be doing for the rest of my life if someone only gave me the chance. I want to be on a film set. If I could get paid to work on a film set, doing anything, I would be happy. I don't want to get coffee for someone, but if that's what I have to do to get ahead I will but only to get ahead, because that still falls into the "serving others" category that I loathe so much.

That's my gripe. Let me know if you have any comments, by commenting...

Good day America

2 comments:

Cassandra said...

Dan-

I find it helpful, after a long day of serving those who don't deserve it, to remember that this is a temporary stop on the way to greatness for me, while they will probably have to spend the rest of their lives being assholes.

Take comfort in that.

Dan The Man said...

I'm sorry it just gets me so heated sometimes! I'll calm down and remember that next time.

 
blogarama - the blog directory Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory Get ready as we take off on the journey of a lifetime. Watch how we make everything fabulous. after all... we are all fabulous.
Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter
Social Media Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory