Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Letter from a concerned fan...

Dear Studio Executives,

I admit that when it first came to my HBO P.S. I Love You intrigued me slightly. The death premise, quirky friends and hot guy from 300 all seemed initially promising. However, it turns out the casting was all wrong.
Hillary Swank? What can I say...I'm not sure if she was too crispy, dykey or old. The guy from 300 (a Gerard Butler, I'm told) was so incredibly hot that once you knew he was dead, there was no good ending. Especially once you find out Harry Connick Jr. is Guy Number 2. Frankly, we shut it off.
However, my associates and I agreed that with a few simple casting changes we totally would've finished watching the movie. Someone younger and more vulnerable- preferably Mandy Moore- is much more watchable. That awkward karaoke scene? No longer awkward!
Also, if you're going to kill a character off and then integrate him as the Witty Presence from The Afterlife he doesn't need to be that good looking. Someone like Zach Braff or Jesse Bradford if you're on a budget.
On that same note, Guy Number 2 should always be hotter than Guy Number 1 if and only if Guy Number 1 is dead and therefore no longer a tangible possibility for Happily Ever After.
Now, if your initial target demographic for this feature was 16-24 then a nice James Franco or Zach Ephron would've worked. If you were gunning for those 25-36 year olds then Ryan Reynolds or Charlie Hunnam would've both been safe bets. Sexy goes a looong way toward overcoming grief. But Harry Connick Jr.? We were sickened.

I hope whoever receives this letter considers it thoughtfully. I'm quite sure further focus group research would confirm what I've said here. Take care to make better movies and if any facsimile of the aforementioned described film (perhaps under the clever-but-not-too-pretentious-title P.S. I Love You Too) should appear, I shall be forced to proceed with legal action.

Yours sincerely,

Cassandra O. Bogue

No comments:

 
blogarama - the blog directory Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory Get ready as we take off on the journey of a lifetime. Watch how we make everything fabulous. after all... we are all fabulous.
Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter
Social Media Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory