Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Neil Young


Yo.

First and foremost, after reading the last few blogs posted by the fabulous C-bo, I've realized that my postings make me sound as deep as the depressions on a nickle. Sorry for this. You ought to have been warned. I should have said something.

(( I swear I'm deep. I care about world peace, Eco-friendly shit and Elephants. How much deeper do you want? :))

Now, onto more pressing matters. I feel I am a driven person. When I set my mind to doing something, in most cases - I succeed. Sadly, I focus my energy on absurd goals. This being said, my March resolution is to find out where Neil Young lives, speak with him, and coerce him into falling in love with me. I realize this could be a difficult mission, but I plan on succeeding. Take note of the fact that I make monthly resolutions as opposed to a yearly one. I tend to lose focus after a few weeks, thus monthly aspirations are much more tangible.

I have searched for information on him relentlessly via the inter-webs and have come up with some promising results. Turns out, he currently resides in California, while holding properties in Florida and throughout the islands of Hawaii. Now. For those of you readers who have decided I'm a psycho stalker, you've been mislead. The reality of my unique aspiration holds nothing but good intentions. I would like to express to him how greatly his music has shaped the entirety of my life. At a young age, I was introduced to Neil Young's beautiful music and eloquent lyrical expression. Over the years, Neil has managed to excite me, calm me and easy my mind throughout times of struggle. Neil Young's music has been the backdrop for many of the most memorable moments in my life. I would love to tell him this.

You may be wondering about the coercion part. .

I believe that I should have been born in 1958, give or take a year. At the ripe age of 16 (1974), I would have been wondering about Nixon, waiting for Ted Bundy to kill me, peacefully swaying to Joni Mitchell's new album "Court and Spark", saying goodbye to Ed Sullivan, dancing to "killer queen" by Queen", becoming a "rebel, rebel" (Bowie), preaching peace with other hipsters and attending as many Led Zeppelin, Bob Dylan, CSNY, Hendrix and Beatles concerts as possible. For whatever reason, 1974 sounds a bit more appealing that 2009, featuring Solja Boi. Call me crazy.

I feel cheated. Now, at the age of twenty-two, I am left shiftless. Had I in fact been born in 58', I would have had plenty of time to embrace the new sexual revolution, cannabis and perhaps LSD. I would have been completely strung out and willing to "explore myself" with the musical greatness that was around for the taking. Perhaps I'd have been a groupie. NOW, I am forced to grab onto whatever paisley printed, poorly made t-shirt I can find from the Westland Mall and play fake Hippie - all while driving around in my cobalt, with Pucholli air fresheners strewn about, listening to Neil Young live, from my IPod. Fuck.

This all being said, I have got to do this. I haven't got much more time. Wish me luck.





1 comment:

Cassandra said...

God, you're a hysterical bitch.

Myself personally I would've liked to have been either your older sister, born around 1950, so I could've been 14 when Beatlemania hit and totally legal to fuck them around the time The White Album came out. Or else your younger sister, born around 1962, so you could've taken me to Studio 54 with my fake ID and we could have done blow with Debbie Harry.

I support your quest for the elusive Mr. Young. Good luck and god speed!


-cBo

 
blogarama - the blog directory Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory Get ready as we take off on the journey of a lifetime. Watch how we make everything fabulous. after all... we are all fabulous.
Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter
Social Media Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory