Sunday, November 30, 2008

Since TK day...

we've been slacking...

let me catch you up.

Thanksgiving was my last day as a meat eater. I'm doing it, I'm giving up the meats. I've been wanting to do this for a while and I feel like this is the perfect time in my life to do this. It's going to be nearly impossible, but I am going to give it my all. I have been eating meat for the last 26 years, but I feel that maybe its hasn't been the best thing for me. Regardless, the main reason is the cruelty of animals, especially in America.

GoVeg.com is an amazing website and tool for those interested in becoming vegetarian or even those who have been meat free for a while. They have a vegetarian starter kit. When I first got my "kit" I expected it to be a kit, but it ended up being a pamphlet. Well let me just say that it was a very powerful pamphlet and honestly within five minutes of reading, I never wanted to eat an animal again. ( Click here for your free vegetarian starter kit )

To me it just makes sense.

Check these out, ( If you have weak stomachs...don't read or watch these videos )





But I'm learning that as I read more and more and look at recipes for non meat meals, its not going to be that hard.

The thing that I need to work on is being able to eat Tofu. I'm not so much against the taste but it's the texture that gets me.

So I will keep you guys posted as my journey of learning to like vegetables continues.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Yay Ivan! I made a Tofurky for Thanksgiving! It was alright, probably won't make one again but I wanted to try it! I'm not much for Tofu. You've got to check out the Amy's frozen foods,etc. They're the greatest! If you ever need recipes or anything, just ask! I'm just vegetarian now by the way. I did the vegan thing for about 9 months, but I eventually gave in to cheese. :(

Love ya!
Jennie

 
blogarama - the blog directory Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory Get ready as we take off on the journey of a lifetime. Watch how we make everything fabulous. after all... we are all fabulous.
Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter
Social Media Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory