Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Why on earth is the inauguration costing so much!

So far...160 million


  • Bush has declared a State of Emergency in order to pay for the security during the inauguration.
  • A full 90 percent of donations to fund Barack Obama’s Jan. 20 inauguration have come from well-heeled fundraisers — including Wall Street executives whose companies have received federal bailout money.
  • 15 million were taken out of the money from the "bailout" loan



God. I can't believe how much money they are spending on this. I get it. Everyone is excited, I am so super excited, but America doesn't have this kind of money, Companies are begging congress to "borrow, draw, create, etc" money just to stay afloat. America is borrowing money from other countries, sinking in such debt that some Americas fear retaliation may be coming from pissed off countries.
I know, that aside from the 15 million dollars, the rest are donations*. But still, can't those people "donate" that to help the country they live in? I don't know, maybe because I'm "living" in this recession, I realize how this is affecting the everyday person. We don't have money to pay our credit card bills, much less donate to a party.
Further more. I am ashamed that Obama would even let this happen. I mean he is a politician, and honestly, I think both parties have showed us plenty of reasons to distrust. Sometimes I want to believe that he will do everything he is promising...

Anyway,

Still... I have my fingers crossed and I am praying that something happens to where we just learn to live. Learn to get along, stop making wars about bullshit and please god, to not let bitches like Ann Coulter speak in public.

I'm just saying.



*(newsmeat.com
is an awesome website that gives you access to view how much people have donated and to which particular party)

No comments:

 
blogarama - the blog directory Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory Get ready as we take off on the journey of a lifetime. Watch how we make everything fabulous. after all... we are all fabulous.
Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter
Social Media Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory