Thursday, November 20, 2008

Bro Time

Dear Bloggers,

Tonight the Pittsburgh Steelers are playing the Cincinnati Bengals for a Thursday night NFL Network game. Personally I hate NFL Network for doing this, b/c a majority of people do not have NFL Network. Besides the fact that the Steelers are going to win this one by about 70 points, I think its just a given that this method needs some amending. But that's not why I'm blogging, believe it or not. I will be driving home for Thanksgiving this weekend, as I'm sure a majority of Americans will be doing this weekend. I just want to say have safe travels and eat some turkey. I will be going home to a great group of friends that I haven't exactly stayed in touch with as well as I hoped I would have when I left for school three years ago. A psycho ex-girlfriend that I haven't talked to in months will also be there, but hopefully I won't be forced to be put in that horribly awful presence. Bro's you know what I'm talking about, only multiply the psycho factor by about 100x. When a girl starts making fake facebook profiles to find out what you're doing at school, that's when you need to stop talking to them (that's all I'm saying). Most importantly though, I'll be going home to see my family. My actual Bro will be getting home from his first semester at the University of Vermont. I'm excited to see him and how he's doing and also my big sister. Family is the most important thing you can have, especially around the holidays. This will be the first Thanksgiving and Christmas without my grandma. She passed away this past March, when I found out just how strong a family can be, and how important it is to be close to those with which you share blood. Every Thanksgiving she would make her homemade spaghetti, because she didn't like turkey. I would always have a side of spaghetti and also her lemon merangue pie, which she made especially for me. I'll miss her more than I can imagine right now when I'm at home that night with my family. She was a warm presense that lit up the room with her smile. Below is a picture from my high school graduation with my grandma and grandpa. Don't take for granted the time you spend with your family, because you never know when you're going to pray for just another minute with someone.

Good day America.

2 comments:

Ivan said...

you almost made me tear up at the end. have a good break and bring back some cookies. the same ones that i missed out last time cause your were being a punk...yup those.

peace
happy holidays

Cassandra said...

yeah you got me weepy too Daniel. chow down!

 
blogarama - the blog directory Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory Get ready as we take off on the journey of a lifetime. Watch how we make everything fabulous. after all... we are all fabulous.
Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter
Social Media Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory